The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the CTI Private Financing Advisory Network (CTI-PFAN), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and the German Technical Cooperation (GIZ) are jointly organizing the ECOWAS Sustainable Energy Policy and Investment High Level Forum from 14th to 18th September 2015 in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. The event is supported by the Spanish Agency for international Development Cooperation (AECID), the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), the European Union (EU), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Global Environmental Facility (GEF), and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
The Forum is featuring:
- Investment opportunities arising from the Sustainable Energy Country Action Plans (National Renewable Energy Action Plans (NREAPs), National Energy Efficiency Action Plans (NEEAPs), and Sustainable Energy For All (SE4ALL) Action Agendas) of the ECOWAS Member States
- Multi-Stakeholder dialogue on ways to mobilize funds for the implementation of Sustainable Energy Country Action Plans
- Showcasing of ongoing Auctions/Call For Proposals and Feed-in-Tariffs (FiTs) Opportunities
- Showcasing of public and private sector financing instruments for project implementation
- Investment pitch presentations from Finalists of the West African Forum for Clean Energy Financing (WAFCEF) II Business Plan Competition and Award Ceremony
- Launch of the ECOWAS SE4ALL Network
- Introduction of the African Clean Energy Corridor in ECOWAS
- Launch of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Project and Financial Navigator in West Africa
The following are some of the presentations delivered during the first day of the forum.More will be soon updated.
To access the press release click here.